Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 9th Congressional District of Michigan can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to our office.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
  • For immigration cases, please include petitioner and beneficiary information (if applicable), an Alien Registration Number, and a USCIS receipt number or other relevant case numbers in the space allotted.

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Authorization Form Process

  1. Print the Privacy Release Casework Form available here.
  2. Fill in the form with the required information.
  3. Review the form to ensure all data is accurate, then sign the form. Important: the signature and date on the form must be signed by hand.
  4. Mail, fax, or hand deliver the document to our office. The address and fax number are on the bottom of the form.
  5. If you have further questions or would like to contact a member of Congressman Levin's staff immediately, please call the District Office number at (586) 498-7122.

Privacy Release Casework Form Link